Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marek
    replied
    OK so I did what you told me Wayne, and we tried it out for a few days, but I'm still getting emails from people who don't receive any validation email.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol
    Wayne, I don't think there's any harm in leaving the localhost setting in for Linux servers. In fact this setting is in the distributed php.ini file for PHP 4.1.2 for Linux, and has been part of my regular php.ini file since the beginning.
    Yes but if they are having problems with the email, then it is good troubleshooting to disable everything but what is absolutely needed to see where things could be going wrong. Since that is not needed, then it can be removed and not cause anymore harm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Wayne, I don't think there's any harm in leaving the localhost setting in for Linux servers. In fact this setting is in the distributed php.ini file for PHP 4.1.2 for Linux, and has been part of my regular php.ini file since the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Marek: Remove the setting for "localhost" from your SMTP variable in your php.ini file. That setting is only used on Windows Servers. Since you are on Linux you should be using the sendmail_path variable.

Martin: What OS are you using? I get a CGI error when trying to look at your PHPINFO file.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Lauridse
    replied
    Ok i now did a reinstall, and now its working, i have no idea whot was wrong, but atleast its working

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Lauridse
    replied
    Arrg now i have a little problem with the page, so il get back in a couple of hours, il try to reinstall the forum and see if there still is the same problem then.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Choose your own email address to test it with. Do you get any errors? If so, post them here.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Lauridse
    replied
    Still no one that can help me out here ??

I still have the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    Actually, my download rights expired so I can't upgrade.

Here's the info you requested:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/admin/phpinfo.php

Leave a comment:

• marek
    replied
    I've got the exact same problem, it happened when I moved. Other email functions work just fine. In fact the authorization email worked perfectly for our sysadmin too, when I asked him for troubleshooting. I'm first going to upgrade the forums from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6 and then I'll get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Lauridse
    replied
    http://www.mor-far.dk/vbulletin/phpinfo.php

There you can see the page.

Maby i shouldtry to upgrade to 2.2.6 ?

Im using 2.5.5 now.

But im scared that i dont get all the translations, and stuff with me when i upgrades

Do i onley ned the database, and the .style file ??

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Tom and Martin we need more info

create a file named phpinfo.php and place this code in it and post the url/link to it from your web site

<?
    phpinfo();
    ?>

i.e. yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

also OS are you using linux/windows and what version ?

Leave a comment:

• Martin Lauridse
    replied
    i got the same problem, i finaley opened my board, and no one is getting theyr mails HEEEEELP.

And i have enabled 'Enable Email features'

Leave a comment:

• Tom Hodgdon
    replied
    Yup. It is enabled. I think it might be a host problem. They're checking on it. I'll let you know what happens.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Did you set 'Enable Email features' to 'yes' in the Admin CP?

Leave a comment: