X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by CHNoodles
    Actually if I could include another question in here (putting me squarely in the "How Do I" territory) - would there be a way to enable users to subscribe to threads so that they can see the list in the user cp, but not have an e-mail sent out? vBulletin 2.2.4.
    Not in v2.x but you can do that in vB3.

Leave a comment:

• CHNoodles
    replied
    Actually if I could include another question in here (putting me squarely in the "How Do I" territory) - would there be a way to enable users to subscribe to threads so that they can see the list in the user cp, but not have an e-mail sent out? vBulletin 2.2.4.

Leave a comment:

• CHNoodles
    replied
    Thanks for the quick answer! Are there any plans to get rid of the email notification box?
    I would suggest not showing it in future releases if you have another feature that does the same thing. From the names it's not obvious that they have the same effect.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Fundamentally there is no difference. They do the exact same thing.

Leave a comment:

• CHNoodles
    started a topic Email Notification vs. Subscribed Threads

Email Notification vs. Subscribed Threads

This isn't really a "How Do I" question, more of a "How Does It Work" question, so I hope I'm in the right forum.
    What exactly are the differences between posting in a thread and checking the "email notification" box, vs. clicking on "Subscribe to this Thread" at the bottom of the thread? Besides the obvious difference that with the subscribe feature you can subscribe to a thread to which you haven't posted.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X