Quick question about the upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about the upgrade

I am just about to upgade my board to 2.2.6 version.

What will this affect.
    I have no modificatons at all.

The default template style I have completely changed via the admin section.

Will the upgrade wipe out all the colours and put the default colours back ?

Will it change the footer and header as these have been slightly modified via the admin panel?

Also does it do anything to the database?

Thanks

Re: Quick question about the upgrade

Originally posted by Tex
    I am just about to upgade my board to 2.2.6 version.

What will this affect.
    I have no modificatons at all.

The default template style I have completely changed via the admin section.

Will the upgrade wipe out all the colours and put the default colours back ?

Will it change the footer and header as these have been slightly modified via the admin panel?

Also does it do anything to the database?

Thanks
    all styles and custom templates will be untouched it will br your job to look over the 2.2.6 announcement thread to see which of your custom edited templates has changed from the list of changed templates in the 2.2.6 thread at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=46938 and add or merge the changes to your custom template

ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FORUM before upgrading!

safest way is to backup the forum prior to upgrading.. the way i do it is

1. close forum and backup forum
    2. create new empty database
    3. import backup into new empty database - this serves also to check the backup is properly dumped out
    4. then upload 2.2.6 files (when they're released) to site
    5. edit config.php and point the database to the new empty databasename you created in step 2. and which now holds a identical copy of your existing database vb version (via step 3)
    6. run the upgrade to 2.2.6 outlined at http://vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html - this will upgrade your forum to 2.2.6 altering the duplicate copy of your database made in step 2. & 3.

this way original database is never even touched at all and you can do step 1 through to 6 again above if for any reason your upgrade messes up or has problems
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X