Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Size Banners for Screen Resolution

Hello:

I am considering a banner that will fill out the width on the top of each page, but I'm concerned about the different screen resolutions for different users.

For example, I have a screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and if I make a banner exactly 1024 pixels wide, it's going to look like hell on someone's computer who has it set at 800 x 600.

Is there any way for vBulletin to check screen resolution, or do you all just go with the lowest common denominator?

No, vB doesn't check for screen resolution. That would need to be hacked in. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, you can use JavaScript to detect the screen size, then make it output the correct code for displaying the banner based on that.
      :)

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses! Off I go to vbulletin.org, I'm sure someone over there has already written up a script to take care of this!

Comment

or chop it up into three peices...

code for a three-piece logo

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...49#post1103249

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X