X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error number 1016

This is the error message I get from my forum front page URL:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads FROM thread
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'thread.MYD'. (errno: 145)

mysql error number: 1016
    The server had to be rebooted yesterday (a memory full problem), and now I can't access our forum

URL of your forums: http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/index.php?s=

vB version: 2.2.4 (haven't upgraded because we've been very busy lately)

PHP version: *

MySQL version: *

Apache/webserver version: *

Server operating system: Unix

Any error message you are getting: see above

Whether or not you have edited any files: some templates just to change the look a little, nothing major*

*everything was running fine and dandy until the server had to be rebooted. I'd check the version #'s using the http://www.mysite.com/forums/admin/...?action=phpinfo link but since the forum is completely down I can't. I can't shut it down either because I can access the Control Panel.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!

edit: turns out I can get to the forum CP, I will shut down the board.

edit: I got this message when trying to get at the forum CP:
    Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/hpiracin/public_html/rcforum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/hpiracin/public_html/rcforum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Last edited by t0ecutter; Tue 21 May '02, 3:56pm.

bash:~$ perror 145
    Error code 145: Unknown error 145
    145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

Try uploading repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

repair.php?html=1&check=1

It everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should be ok.

The mysql.sock error could have been from MySQL crashing and restarting.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 21 May '02, 4:25pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I am trying to get the site running (some problem with the server now) and then I will see about running repair.php (I'm pretty sure it's already loaded from a previous db repair but I can't access it right now).

Thanks again!

Comment

Tried this link: http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/adm...html=1&check=1

But what shows up is the forum CP login page. (?) So it doesn't run the repair script. Any suggestions?

Comment

"Cannot find server"
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ventures Online support says that the server (we have a dedicated server) is trying to send out huge amounts of emails from the main user and that I should shut off the script - I don't know how vB can occupy that much system resources and I also don't know how to shut off any script!

Try the link to the repair.php now, it goes straight to the forum CP login. When I type in the correct login for my admin account it takes forever to load up.

edit: I used this link http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/adm...ir.php?check=1 and it checked the databases and somehow didn't find anything wrong with any of the tables. Speed seems okay on the site now, not sure if VO fixed anything yet.
            Last edited by t0ecutter; Tue 21 May '02, 10:09pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X