Vbulletin Jumping Times??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin Jumping Times??

Hello just a quick question. Would anyone know why my forums are doing this:

When i visit them sometimes the time will say GMT time then i might refresh the page and it will have jumped to a different time zone and would say it is 8am in the morning or something when it is really 1am.

then if you refresh it might change back to normal time or might stay on the forwards time.

Anyone know why it might be doing this?

When you are logged out, the forum will always show as GMT time by default. When you are logged in, it will show as whatever time zone you've set up in your User CP (providing the correct server time zone is entered in the Admin CP.)

The changing time may also be because you are viewing a cached page rather than a fresh one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I dont' log out thats the thing. I might not have made it clear. At the bottom of the page it says what time it is. I will click on one forum and it will say 11pm next it will jump and say 8am and the last post i made was made tommorow yet then i might come back and it would change back to todays time

I think that makes sence?

Comment

Nope, that doesn't make sense. Either you are seeing a cached page, or your server is changing its time on a frequent basis. vB gets it's time from the server so unless you've hacked the code, there's no way that vB could be responsible for random time changes like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ok. The server i use is mother.34sp.com they are on USA time, so in the admin CP should i set the Vbulletin time to USA time or keep it at GMT time. although it could be the catched page thing you say but i don't get why it keeps jumping. Sorry to keep going on about it.

Comment

Well none of that really changes what I posted earlier. I tried to check your forums, but you don't let guests view your forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry about i had a bit of trouble earlier on so i blocked them from seeing. IF you would be kind enough to check to see if happens to you i would be greatful.

Comment

Yep, I see what you mean. It's jumping from 10:41am GMT (incorrect) to 2:41am GMT (correct.) You're not going to like this answer, but the only thing I can suggest is to uninstall your hacks, upload all the original vB files and revert your forumhome template. If you still have a problem after that, then it's a server issue. There is nothing in the default vB files that would account for an strange error like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I think it might be to do with the fact that i have recently included a counter on the page. I never had this problem before. Its only when you said forumhome that it clicked. I will give it a go without that and see what happens.

Thanks for your super fast help i really appriciate it

Comment

FWIW I'm getting a consistent and correct time now. Did you remove the counter?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nope the counter is still there!

Oh well wierd

If this problem happens again when i install VB3 it should fix it as it would be a clean install right?

Comment

Any upgrade (even to 2.2.6) will involve uploading virtually all new PHP files. Did you try temporarily disabling your counter to see what happens?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X