cant logout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant logout

when i try to logout on any style it just puts me on default style. if i attempt to logout on default it does nothing. [well it goes to the page that says "click here to return"] but i still cant logout

That happens when your cookies get corrupted. Try deleting your cookies from your browser and see it that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work, then you may need to manually delete the cookies for your forums by hand.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well the other day i ran ad aware and there was a grip of them spy things. i am sure one of them may have been cookies. how would i fix this?

Comment

You'll need to try deleting the cookies via your browser settings

if your using IE
        Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies

If that doesn't fix it, then you'll need to find your cookie folder, if its windows 9x it will be c:/windows/cookies/ delete all the files in there or if its Windows NT/2k/XP its in c:/Documents and Settings/User/Cookies.

Ad-aware is for removing ads or spywhere on your computer, some time spy ware programs or ads store cookies on your computer its just a program to remove them.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

thanks PPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            That happens when your cookies get corrupted. Try deleting your cookies from your browser and see it that fixes the problem. If that doesn't work, then you may need to manually delete the cookies for your forums by hand.
            How is this done?
            MODern ENGINEuity
            Modular Powered Community

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Comment

To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
              and
              Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X