...slow down a vB message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...slow down a vB message?

A message is displayed to a user after they post a message to a moderated forum that must approve if the message before it is made public.

My problem is that the message stating that the message has to be approved disappears so fast that no one gets a chance to read the whole thing!

Is there a way in which I can slow down/pause the message JUST for those messages that will be moderated before posting?

Thanks!

- Gerry
    Gerry

you can change the redirect time for all redirect pages by editing the standardredirect template. change the number in content="1. there is no way to change it for just that one redirect page without hacking. you might post a hack request on www.vbulletin.org .

Comment

Cool!

Thanks Jakeman!

- Gerry
      Gerry

Comment

Fast forward over two years later....

How is this done with version 3.0.3? I'm now back in to the vBulletin hosting game.

Thanks!
        Gerry

Comment

It will pretty much be the same for vB3:

You'd need to edit the STANDARD_REDIRECT template and change the timeout variable in the Javascript for mozilla browsers and the content="2; for all other browsers to the required time/delay in seconds.

As Jake pointed out this will change all redirect messages, not just one.

Comment

Just thinking outloud, would it be possible to use an if conditional to only change the value if it is file.* and do=* ?

Comment

Good thinking Floris, that should work.

Something like:
              Code:
              <if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'filename.php'">refresh time A
              <else>
              refresh time B
              </if>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X