Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing defaults for searching

vBulletin Version 2.2.4

At our board, to minimize database impact, we would like to have different search defaults. I should specify that at our board we don't make any changes to the source code, only to templates and other things that can be customized through the control panel. Here are my questions.

a) In the thread display, under a post you see a "search" button. This performs a search in all forums for all dates, correct? Could I change it to, for example, only search the current forum for the past 30 days? If I did make that change, would there be any benefit to changing the number of forums/days being searched? I assume this search uses an index on a database table.

b) On the profile page for a user, I see a link labelled "search for all posts by this user." Same questions as in a)

c) On the search page, there is an entry field labelled "Search for Posts From..." To present a different default, all I need to do is find the right template and change the drop-down list, correct?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Searching fewer days simply means it's looking at fewer rows; it isn't a huge benefit.

The first two would require hacking the code.

The third can be done by editing the searchintro template.

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X