Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom can I hire to move my board to Ventures Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whom can I hire to move my board to Ventures Online?

I need to move my board from powweb to ventures online. I want this to take place in the next few days. I'm going with VO because I need more speed and bandwidth and they seem to be highly recommended.

Here's what I need. I want the move to be as seemless as possible. I'd like to have little or no downtime of my board. In fact, I want my members to hardly notice the transition. And, I want my domain name to stay the same. I'll want to hire someone to move my board with all its posts for me. I had to hire someone to set it up.

Is this possible? Who can help me? What's a reasonable price to pay?

Thanks for any information. Anyone who's interested in moving my board for me, please send me an e-mail or post here.

Its real easy to move your board and if you do it righy you remove downtime from the domain.

Go to your domain registrar and edit the nameserver of your domain, change ONLY the 2nd nameservre to the VO one and save. So the first one is pointing to your current host and the second one is pointing to VO. The reason behind it is if you wait 2 days then change the first nameserver to the new one you can remove dns issues with isps.

To move the board? Do you have shell for both servers?

You can just tar up your folder, use the VO server to download the board, untar it and your sorted. A similar method with the database, dump the database, use VO to download it and load the database back into the VO mysql server.

Change the config.php to the new details and your sorted.
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

PPN, thanks for your response. You lost me right after you said it was easy!

The current host is powweb, they don't have a shell and tell me I need to do a file dump. The new host will be VO.

I'm willing to pay for someone to do this for me.

Comment

kisby ...

I PM'd you about this.
        http://www.nwboating.net
        http://www.northwestdiver.com

Comment

I'll do it tonight then as soon as i get back in which should be about 5 hours time.

Would your current host be willing to do some things in shell for you?
          Does the VO package your picking have shell?
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

The current host (powweb) does not have a shell, but the new host (VO) does.

Comment

Email me at [email protected] I'll be quite willing to do this for nothing as it shouldn't take long to move the forums and database.
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

PPN, thanks for your generous offer. I've got it done though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X