User Password Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Password Field

I need to query the user table and check to see if the user entered the correct password for a section of my site that isnt in the forums. But it seems the passwords have been encrypted. What function or process did vB use to do this? I cant seem to find it in the code itself.

No One Knows

Ahh come on.

Comment

It uses MD5 hash codes, so it never really knows what password you use. There's a hack (I think still in beta) that password-protects parts of your site using the vBulletin U/P at http://www.vbulletin.org/ .
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

i think vB uses md5 encryption for the passwords. and i think this is a function that is built into php. i think

...and i don't know how to "query the user table and check to see if the user entered the correct password for a section of your site that isnt in the forums." if by "isn't in your forums" you mean "not part of vBulletin" then we won't be able to help you here. you might post on www.vbulletin.org for support.

//edit: filburt1, you beat me

Comment

Couldnt I

$check = md5($password);

$result = mysql_query("SELECT userid FROM user WHERE username='$username' && password ='$check'");

Doesnt this look right? Its for an email list im building onto vB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X