"Remove from mailing list" link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remove from mailing list" link

Every now and then I mail all my vBulletin users. Sometimes I get mail back from some of them asking me to remove them from the mailing list.

Is there a link I could provide with the emails that would set "Recieve emails from Admin" to no, simply by following it?

My forum is located at www.migweb.co.uk/forums/

Thanks.
    Mike Warner
    MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Hi Mike,

I don't know if there is a URL to automatically do it but... just tell your users to go their the "User CP: Options" and set "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?" to "no"

Comment

I would add something like the following to your message when you first send it to everyone:
      You are receiving this message because you are a registered member of $bbtitle and have opted to receive communications from the administration. Please note your email address has not been given, sold, or rented to anyone, nor will it be in the future.

If you would like to opt to not receive any further communications from the administration of $bbtitle, please click here:
      $bburl/member.php?action=editoptions
      and select "No" to "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices". Click Submit, and you will not receive any further communications.

Please note that the administration reserves the right to contact you if you are violating the site's terms of service or otherwise abusing your account priveleges.

Comment

Thanks tubedogg. Any chance what I asked could be considered for vBulletin3?
        Mike Warner
        MIGWeb - a Vauxhall Site for Enthusiasts of all Vauxhalls

Comment

Working...
        X