No announcement yet.

What the heck is wrong with my forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is wrong with my forums?

Check out http://www.exoticcarforums.com what the heck is happening? If you go there, it opens you up to download something- I don't know what... If you go to http://www.exoticcarforums.com/admin there are some weird writing around it...

What do you think this is?

a guess

this is a just a guess... but it looks like something to do with GZIP compression.. I've seen that before.

Comment

Re: a guess

Originally posted by taubin
      this is a just a guess... but it looks like something to do with GZIP compression.. I've seen that before.

Whats that mean?

Comment

here

go into your control panel and look for

GZIP Output

set it to Off and see if the errors go away. I am running it with it set to off.

Looks like someone replaced a library or the php library does not support gzip compression.

again, this may not be your problem. worth a shot until someone has a better idea.

Comment

where do i find this "gzip output" you speak of

Comment

its in control panel

you have the full registered version right?

just open up your control panel in the browser and look under HTTP headers.

or

use your browser to search for GZIP

Comment

I dont get it still... Why all of a sudden would this happen?

Comment

well

since I have no information other than what you posted.. I would guess someone changes a library.

I can't offer any more on this matter, I am giving you all the details and I am getting nothing to base my suggestions on in return.

Comment

Right now, you know just as much as I do- the sites f*cked up... Think its hacked?

Comment

no more

I will not respond anymore until you tell me more details, sorry.

Comment

What kind of details?

Comment

Re: What the heck is wrong with my forums?

Originally posted by [email protected]
                        Check out http://www.exoticcarforums.com what the heck is happening? If you go there, it opens you up to download something- I don't know what... If you go to http://www.exoticcarforums.com/admin there are some weird writing around it...

What do you think this is?
                        1. check with your host whether they changed the apache configuration or upgraded PHP recently
                        2. are you using *.php3 or *.php extension files for vB ?
                        3. reupload all vB php files in ASCII mode in ftp
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Is it me or did my site mysterically go up?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            Is it me or did my site mysterically go up?
                            i still get prompted to download... so nope it must be you
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The site seems to be up... Try again please?

There are posts by other people that have come since the original problem- so they must be getting in also...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X