Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpMyAdmin 2.2.3?

Hi,

I have phpMyAdmin 2.2.3 installed... So I've made a backup of the entire database.

I can mark the following options, which I did not by the way.

Add 'drop table'
    Complete inserts
    Extended inserts
    Use backquotes with tables and fields' names
    Save as file ( "zipped" "gzipped" )

Do I need to use any of these option and what do these option do? I did use the zipped option though...

latinO

phpmyadmin or any php script to backup databases is not recommended for larger sized mysql databases..... php scripts will timeout leaving you with incomplete backups
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Okay,

But say I'll do it with PHPmyadmin...

What about those options I've mentioned in my first post... Do I need check those and what are they good for?

latinO

Comment

Originally posted by latinO
        Okay,

But say I'll do it with PHPmyadmin...

What about those options I've mentioned in my first post... Do I need check those and what are they good for?

latinO
        nope, only need to check Save as file
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Re: Backups

Launching a new vBUlletin install, and wanted to know when and for what reasons you should backup? Also the best and most efficient way of doing so since the phpmyadmin was frowned upon above.

-portion

Comment

Re: Re: Backups

Originally posted by portion
            Launching a new vBUlletin install, and wanted to know when and for what reasons you should backup? Also the best and most efficient way of doing so since the phpmyadmin was frowned upon above.

-portion
            ideally you should use telnet/shell to backup http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678 your forums / databases and at least daily

i backup my forums 950MB database 3 times a day using a cronjob backup script at http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=4256

Comment

Thanks,

but do I need telnet/shell to run the script? And if not, doesn't it leave you with incomplete backups?

latinO

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X