Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come I have to login everytime I visit my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, there was no login box. I'll post again.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just checked with 3 other members, same thing. Either the board isnt saving a cookie, or retreiving one...

Comment

Still no problems. I closed down my browser, came back, and posted a new message - all without having to log in again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay.............. Well what do you recommend? You seem to be the only one who *isnt* having a problem.

I was looking at my cookie files, and noticed something. This other forum, that I frequent, has a cookie that starts off saying bbuserid etc, while the one for my site, says bblastvisit. Shouldnt they be similiar? They are using the same version of vB and all. What it looks like is the other site is saving my login info to my computer, while mine isnt....

Comment

Try manually deleting the cookies for your forum to see if that helps.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Nope sure didnt.

See, I would think that would make sense, if everyone else wasnt having the problem. Its really weird, that you are the only one that hasnt. I dont understand...

Comment

Are you all using the same browser? Did you ever change the cookies settings in the Admin CP?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hmm something else is seriously wrong. Now we cant stay logged in at all, and I didnt change ANYTHING. Try loggin into the main page, then going to the CP, it asks you to login again. Try to post, login again. I am not sure what is going on...

Comment

Yep, now it's happening to me too. Submit a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the info to log into your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

you have another pc you can use to test using Internet Explorer 5.5 instead of 6 ?

i'll try registering on your forum too
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

okay i haven't registered yet, but do you happen to have the cookie path as

/forums/

reason why i ask is

check these 2 urls

http://leknor.com/code/gziped.php?ur...rk.com/forums/

http://leknor.com/code/gziped.php?ur...tin.com/forum/

notice the Set-cookie displayed
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

When I asked about this earlier he said:

Both cookie settings are as you told me, blank and /.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I think we figured out our problem. It has to do with the router the server is on and what not. It thinks everyone has the same IP and some other things. We are changing the server around now. I will let you know the outcome, thanks for the help, sorry for the hassle

Comment

now i'm getting this error on your forum

Code:
                              Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38
                              you sure php is configured correctly for mysql ?

if you can create a file named phpinfo.php and place this code in it and post the url/link to it from your web site

<?
                              phpinfo();
                              ?>

i.e. yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

Comment

Originally posted by Naka
                                I think we figured out our problem. It has to do with the router the server is on and what not. It thinks everyone has the same IP and some other things. We are changing the server around now. I will let you know the outcome, thanks for the help, sorry for the hassle
                                ah that's the culprit huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X