Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come I have to login everytime I visit my forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come I have to login everytime I visit my forum?

I have it set in my CP, to auto log me in, as well as all my users, but regardless, everytime I come back to it, I have to login. What am I doing wrong?

what browse/OS are you using ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

IE 6, WinXp. Its not just me though, its all my users. I have another vBulletin site I goto all the time, and never once have had this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Naka
        IE 6, WinXp. Its not just me though, its all my users. I have another vBulletin site I goto all the time, and never once have had this problem.
        1. IE6 has a privacy setting which, if left unchanged, would require you to explicitly allow cookies for any site you visit.
        2. Your site may have cachng set off.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
          1. IE6 has a privacy setting which, if left unchanged, would require you to explicitly allow cookies for any site you visit.
          2. Your site may have cachng set off.
          yeah that was what i was leaning towards if you used IE6
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

How do I turn caching on?

Comment

How do I turn caching on?
              cache of what ? browser ? php ? vB ?

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                yeah that was what i was leaning towards if you used IE6
                Happy to help, George.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

Make sure "Automatically Log On" is set to yes in the USER CP on your board.

Sometimes it helps to check the simplest solutions first.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

IE 6, WinXp. Its not just me though, its all my users.
                    What are your setting in the Admin CP for 'Cookie Domain' and 'Path to save cookies'? The first should be blank and the last should be / (just the slash.)
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I have checked the CP. Like I said this isnt just my problem, its board wide.

Both cookie settings are as you told me, blank and /.

I really dont think this is an IE6 problem, heck I dont have to login here everytime I come, but I do on my own board...

Comment

Usually when the problem is 'board-wide' like this it's because of the cookie settings. However that doesn't appear to be the issue in your case.

What's the URL to your forums and do you have a test account we can use?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.slightlydark.com/forums/

I havent made a test account no, but I can, or you can register real quick like.

Comment

Well I registered, posted, shut down my browser, went back to your site and I'm still logged in. I can't duplicate the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I realize it shows you as logged in, but did at the bottom did it ask you to login again? Because I just did the same thing, I am shown as active on the board still, as are you, but I have to log back in to post, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X