Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with registering and passwords

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with registering and passwords

    I don't know what the problem is with my boards.... when you register it goes through like normal and everything is good, but when you get the conformation email and they click the link to confirm, when they then return to the site it shows them as logged in, but they can't post, so if they try to log in it says they have the wrong password when its the right one.....

    my boards are at: http://www.fanbolt.com/forums

    Please someone help me locate the problem

    Thanks!
    Emma

  • #2
    I just registered on your forums as 'steve' and had no [problems logging in or posting. Everything worked just like it's supposed to.

    Here's the post I made. Feel free to delete it:

    http://www.fanbolt.com/forums/showth...s=&threadid=85
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

    Steve Machol Photography


    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


    Comment


    • #3
      it works sometimes... but if you try to change your avatar.... it won't let you log in..... check back again and try that and you will see

      Thank you so much for your help!
      Emma

      Comment


      • #4
        Well one thing I notice is that you've installed some kind of avatar hack. All I can suggest is to uninstall that hack and see if this fixes the problem. You might also want to post in the appropriate thread for that hack over at vbulletin.org for advice. Maybe someone familiar with it will have an idea. Good luck!
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

        Steve Machol Photography


        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Problems with registering and passwords

          Originally posted by CrashdownGurl
          I don't know what the problem is with my boards.... when you register it goes through like normal and everything is good, but when you get the conformation email and they click the link to confirm, when they then return to the site it shows them as logged in, but they can't post, so if they try to log in it says they have the wrong password when its the right one.....

          my boards are at: http://www.fanbolt.com/forums

          Please someone help me locate the problem

          Thanks!
          Emma
          check to see if you have moderate new users enabled in vB admin options -> registration settings
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: Problems with registering and passwords

            Originally posted by eva2000
            check to see if you have moderate new users enabled in vB admin options -> registration settings
            George I just registered on her forums without a problem and no moderation. The only problem I ran into was when I went to change the avatar, which is when I noticed the avatar hack.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Re: Re: Problems with registering and passwords

              Originally posted by smachol
              George I just registered on her forums without a problem and no moderation. The only problem I ran into was when I went to change the avatar, which is when I noticed the avatar hack.
              whoops didn't see all these replies... should try not to open a dozen vB threads in new windows
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Re: Re: Re: Problems with registering and passwords

                Originally posted by eva2000
                whoops didn't see all these replies... should try not to open a dozen vB threads in new windows
                Multitasking is good for operating systems, but not so good for people!
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X