MySQL 1064 Error while updating user info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL 1064 Error while updating user info

I am having trouble with one particular user updating his information trhough the control panel. Whenever I try to change anything, I get this error:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.5:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE user SET birthday='0000-00-00',options='12',usergroupid='8',username='Jenks',email='[email protected]',styleid='',par entemail='',coppauser=0,homepage='http://www.hisdomain.com',icq='',aim='',yahoo='',signature='',adminemail=1,showemail=1,invisible= 0,usertitle='Sponsor',customtitle=0,joindate=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('1969-12-31 19:00:00'),cookieuser=0,nosessionhash=,daysprune='0',lastvisit=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2002-04-12 14:09:42'),lastactivity=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2002-04-19 22:21:56'),lastpost=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2002-04-19 22:21:35'),posts='74',timezoneoffset='-5',emailnotification=0,receivepm='0',emailonpm='0',ipaddress='',pmpopup=IF(pmpopup=2 AND 0=1,pmpopup,'0') WHERE userid=7
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'daysprune='0',lastvisit=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2002-04-12 14:09:42'),lastactivity=UNIX_' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Monday 29th of April 2002 03:14:07 PM
    Script: http://mydomain.com/forum/forum/admin/user.php
    Referer: http://www.mydomain.com/forum/admin/...=edit&userid=7

Can any one tell me what to do?

Mark
    Mark Cahill
    Reel-Time, the Internet Journal of Saltwater Fly Fishing
    Allthingscahill.com
    Splitcoaststampers.com

what info in his profile are you updating ?

if you don't change his profile but submit the save button for his profile do you get the error ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Reupload admin/user.php

Comment

Happens all the time, but only him

Thanks...

Still getting the error. I uploaded user.php again and still same error.

Seems to be only this one user, but he's a sponsor...

It does happen even if I don't change anything in his user info. Just click "save changes" and I get the message.

I am leaning towards deleting his user account and having him re-register. I can get all his posts back, etc. through the db.

My assumption is that it is just a problem with one user. No problems in admin with the other 4200 users.
        Mark Cahill
        Allthingscahill.com
        Splitcoaststampers.com

Comment

Re: Happens all the time, but only him

Originally posted by mcahill
          Thanks...

Still getting the error. I uploaded user.php again and still same error.

Seems to be only this one user, but he's a sponsor...

It does happen even if I don't change anything in his user info. Just click "save changes" and I get the message.

I am leaning towards deleting his user account and having him re-register. I can get all his posts back, etc. through the db.

My assumption is that it is just a problem with one user. No problems in admin with the other 4200 users.
          does he have any strange characters in his profile, location, username etc
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

No strange characters...

But we did import from an older bbs system (direct to db, no import script from you) and I suspect there is something wrong in his data.
            Mark Cahill
            Allthingscahill.com
            Splitcoaststampers.com

Comment

Re: No strange characters...

Originally posted by mcahill
              But we did import from an older bbs system (direct to db, no import script from you) and I suspect there is something wrong in his data.
              ah that could be the problem... you could try submitting a support ticket http://vbulletin.com/members/support.php but not sure if we can help as it's an import script you did yourself

you may also try asking at www.vbulletin.org

in order to use and post in certain forums at vBulletin.org you need to

1. register using the same username and email address you used at vBulletin.com's forums
              2. activate and confirm your registration email
              3. then enter your forum username at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php to show that you're a licensed vB owner

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X