Subdomains/styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomains/styles

How can I have www.racing-forums.com and subdomain.racing-forums.com use the same vbulletin database but use different styles?

Hi...anyone?

Comment

I don't think you can

Comment

It's possible.

I've seen it done.

Comment

Do I need to submit a support ticket?

Comment

If you want the same board but a different style for the subdomain, you could try having your host point the subdomain at http://boardurl.tld/index.php?styleid=#. Not sure if that will work, though.
            - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Dev team?

Comment

I'm not a Dev. and I have no idea. Sorry!
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Do you know where I could get an answer?

Comment

If I did I would have posted it. The only reason I answered at all is so you didn't think you were being ignored. Sometimes (too often in fact!) I just don't know the answer!
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know that

...was just wondering if you knew where I could find some help.

Comment

I have done this with other forums. but it requires you install the forum in 2 different locations, but each forum in the config file points to the same data base.

however in the case of VB it may require 2 Liscences to do this.

Comment

Yeah, but you can't change the default style if it's using the same database...at least I haven't figured out how to yet.

Comment

Anyone? Support?

Comment

Re: Subdomains/styles

Originally posted by qwaz
                              How can I have www.racing-forums.com and subdomain.racing-forums.com use the same vbulletin database but use different styles?
                              you could set up subdomain in dns only so it's actually domain.com/subdomain and use htaccess or redirect domain.com/subdomain to domain.com/index?styleid=XX
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Working...
                              X