Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when clicking on any message...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by eva2000
    1. the above info doesn't tell me what mysql version only php
    2. where did you place repair.php ?
    3. shared or dedicated hosting ?
    MySQL 3.22.32
    (it's on that page, farther down, unless that's not really a version number)

    Ohmigawd.. I left repair.php exactly where it was.. in the extras folder and that's how I ran it:
    http://www.grrow.org/forum/extras/re...html=1&check=1

    Should I be slapping myself - is that something I should have known.. do I need to place repair.php somewhere else? I haven't a clue.

    Shared, I assume. It's valueweb and its the dinky standard account with 18mb additional space purchased because it only comes with 2mb for MySQL.

    Comment


    • #17
      place repair.php in /admin directory yourdomain.com/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

      your web host is running an old MySQL client library they should upgrade it along with their mysql version especially it's 3.22.x! http://www.mysql.com/doc/P/H/PHP.html

      ask your web host exactly what version of mysql they are using

      you host valueweb ? cause there's another post here regarding similar issues on the same host... not sure if it's related
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

      Comment


      • #18
        resulting error running repair.php as above

        There seems to have been a slight problem with the GRRoW Message Board database.
        Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

        An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

        We apologise for any inconvenience.

        Database error in vBulletin Mod Control Panel 2.2.4:

        Invalid SQL: CHECK TABLE access
        mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHECK TABLE access' at line 1

        mysql error number: 1064

        Date: Monday 29th of April 2002 04:34:39 PM
        Script: http://www.grrow.org/forum/forum/adm...html=1&check=1
        Referer:

        Comment


        • #19
          You can't run repair.php on your version. It is too old.

          You will need to contact your Hosting Companies' Customer Support and have them run myisamchk on your database.

          If the hosting company doesn't understand what that is, then you should seriously consider switching hosts.
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wluke
            You can't run repair.php on your version. It is too old.

            You will need to contact your Hosting Companies' Customer Support and have them run myisamchk on your database.

            If the hosting company doesn't understand what that is, then you should seriously consider switching hosts.
            if it's mysql 3.22.x they need to run isamchk repair and not myisamchk...

            Kgrrow, your web host should know what to do in any case
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by eva2000
              if it's mysql 3.22.x they need to run isamchk repair and not myisamchk...

              Kgrrow, your web host should know what to do in any case

              Thanks, I just finished talking with them and it does appear that whatever is going on is admittedly a problem on their SQL server that they supposedly are and have been working on for several hours, but he took down the information on isamchk repair / myisamchk, as well as the advisement of updating the MySQL version. Fingers crossed.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kgrrow



                Thanks, I just finished talking with them and it does appear that whatever is going on is admittedly a problem on their SQL server that they supposedly are and have been working on for several hours, but he took down the information on isamchk repair / myisamchk, as well as the advisement of updating the MySQL version. Fingers crossed.
                good luck.. in the meantime backup database if possible
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

                Comment

                Loading...
                Working...
                X