Error when clicking on any message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when clicking on any message...

... including attempting to post a new thread.

This is the blind leading the blind, as I am a front end webmaster for an all volunteer dog rescue group, of which many cannot even figure out what the difference between web boards and email.

Here is the info I have, please help me - they are screaming at me! I've "turned off" the board for now, but it's at:

http://www.grrow.org/forum/

Here's the other info:
    http://www.grrow.org/forum/extras/phpinfo.htm

PHP Version 4.1.2
    Apache 1.3.12 (unix) mod_ssl/2.6.4 open ssl/0.9.5

Error message:
    Database error in vBulletin 2.2.4:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT
    post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
    attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
    ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
    FROM post
    LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
    LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
    LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
    LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
    WHERE post.postid IN (0,1384)
    ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Got error -1 from table handler

mysql error number: 1030

Date: Saturday 27th of April 2002 09:55:07 AM
    Script: http://www.grrow.org/forum/forum/sho...p?threadid=497
    Referer: http://www.grrow.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=28
    Last edited by Kgrrow; Sat 27 Apr '02, 6:44am.

run myisamchk on the table,

this can be done within phpmyadmin or via shell

http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/myisamc...l_options.html

or repair.php which is in the extra's folder that you got in the vBulletin zip
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Thank you for the quick response, unfortunately I understand none of it except perhaps the last regarding repair.php

Which I did, and got this error:
      Database error in vBulletin Mod Control Panel 2.2.4:

Invalid SQL: CHECK TABLE access
      mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHECK TABLE access' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Saturday 27th of April 2002 10:53:27 AM
      Script: http://www.grrow.org/forum/forum/ext...=4&forum=grrow
      Referer:

Now what should I try? What's with the "forum/forum/" in the URLs?
      Last edited by Kgrrow; Sat 27 Apr '02, 7:01am.

Comment

What version of MySQL are you running?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Is it this?
          Client API version 3.22.32

there's more stuff here:
          http://www.grrow.org/forum/extras/phpinfo.htm

Comment

You will need to run myisamchk from your telnet or SSH command line.

You will find instructions on how to do this here:
            http://www.mysql.com/doc/T/a/Table_maintenance.html

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yup, thanks.. easy for you to say.. I'm front end graphics & html.. I won't have any choice but to pull the plug, this organization won't wait for me to take a course they think everything is instantaneous. We're hosted at valueweb, who is providing no clues as to how I would go about troubleshooting either.

Comment

It isn't a course.. It is a one page article that should take you 5 minutes to read.

This isn't troubleshooting. Running myisamchk will fix your problems on the database and get your site up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately if you are going to be running advanced software you need to learn the technology behind it. You can always contact your host or hire someone to maintain your forums for you if you don't want to learn how.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Believe me, I am trying to comprehend. I can follow directions, but this is assuming I already know what others apparently do know. When you say running this will fix everything - I still have no clue what "running it" actually means. I just downloaded WinMySQL to connect to the database, and cannot seem to even connect. Telnet? Unless I'm told specifically what to type - I wouldn't know how to do that either. Where am I supposed to be typing the commands referenced at the above URL?

Comment

Failing any information from support at valueweb - it doesn't appear they allow telnet connections. Still waiting on a callback, however I was told earlier they don't support anything other than whether or not the server is actually running.

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrrow
                      Failing any information from support at valueweb - it doesn't appear they allow telnet connections. Still waiting on a callback, however I was told earlier they don't support anything other than whether or not the server is actually running.
                      time to find a new host
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

So, I heard from Valueweb the following via email:
                        I was informed earlier this afternoon when I came in about an earlier MySQL problem on our network that might have been the cause of your trouble. As far as I'm aware, this issue was taken care of sometime this morning. Is your specific isue still occurring? If so please let us know, and we will have a closer look at the matter for you.
                        That was yesterday afternoon - apparently the Message Board was okay again for a period of time... until about 10pm last night and still to this moment - the exact same errors. Logins are permitted, the main Message Board page displays, you can click on a forum or subforum, but to click on ANY existing message yields the error, and to attempt to submit a reply or new post yields the error.

Am I to assume because they think they had a problem on their network that could have caused our problems, and they fixed their problem, which in turn cured our problems, that now that we have the same exact problem again... that they are having problems again that are causing it?

Anybody have a take on this? The support ticket is still open and I have replied to report the above, but it seems to take hours to get a response.

Thanks

Comment

what mysql version are you using ?

can you post the exact error message you get when you come across it ?

have you tried using repair.php to check and repair any corruptions in your database ?
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                            what mysql version are you using ?

can you post the exact error message you get when you come across it ?

have you tried using repair.php to check and repair any corruptions in your database ?
                            First post in this thread has all the info - a link to phpinfo, the exact error message, and yes.. I tried running repair.php - however I also get an error:
                            Database error in vBulletin Mod Control Panel 2.2.4:

Invalid SQL: CHECK TABLE access
                            mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHECK TABLE access' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Monday 29th of April 2002 03:52:12 PM
                            Script: http://www.grrow.org/forum/forum/ext...html=1&check=1
                            Referer:

And I've also been chastised for not knowing enough about what I'm doing (rightfully so, I suppose...), but that's because I wasn't aware I would need any specific background other than to have a basic understanding of how the software worked from a GUI standpoint, the wherewithall to install the software (which went without a hitch and has been running for over a month now). I'm not a developer and I'm not a programmer, and there was nothing in the documentation that said I had to be in order to use or run this under normal conditions. I'm just learning that's all...

PS - apparently valueweb doesn't permit telnet connections? I will be calling later this afternoon if I hear nothing from the email ticket.
                            Last edited by Kgrrow; Mon 29 Apr '02, 12:03pm.

Comment

1. the above info doesn't tell me what mysql version only php
                              2. where did you place repair.php ?
                              3. shared or dedicated hosting ?

Comment

Working...
                              X