Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Forums visable to some usergroups but cannot access, While some Are Invisable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Forums visable to some usergroups but cannot access, While some Are Invisable?

is there anyway of doing this?

for instance,

My MOD forum is visble on the main page by all users, except when they click into it, they cannot see anything, it says they arent allowed in there.

i'd like to create an ADMIN forum, that the mods and other members dont know about/cant see or access

is this possible? or do all private forums have to either be hidden or visable

thanks

I've done this before. Create the admins only forum. Then go to Admin CP->User Groups->Modify Forum Permissions-> Scroll down to either the admin only forum or the admin only catagory with forums under it and edit the access for all groups except for admins to "custum access" and set everything to no. Do this for all the user groups that you don't want to see/access the forums. If you need more help on this issue or if I wasn't clear, please let me know
    -Draco
    The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

Re: Some Forums visable to some usergroups but cannot access, While some Are Invisabl

i tried doing this a while back. there is no way to do that with the current version of vB. the best compromise i could come up with is to enable the "hide private forums" option under Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options. this way my private mod forum is not visible. then for the forum that was to be visible but not accessable i went to Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions and set custom permissions for certain groups... Can View = yes, all others = no. this makes it so people can enter this forum but no threads show up.

Comment

jake, does that give them the message that they dont have access? or just show a blank forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
          I've done this before. Create the admins only forum. Then go to Admin CP->User Groups->Modify Forum Permissions-> Scroll down to either the admin only forum or the admin only catagory with forums under it and edit the access for all groups except for admins to "custum access" and set everything to no. Do this for all the user groups that you don't want to see/access the forums. If you need more help on this issue or if I wasn't clear, please let me know
          i've tried that, will not work

Comment

Originally posted by AnaSci
            jake, does that give them the message that they dont have access? or just show a blank forum?
            just a blank forum... like a new forum with no posts or threads.

Comment

Originally posted by AnaSci

i've tried that, will not work
              Hmm, that's odd. Sorry to mislead you. Hopefully this feature will be encorperated at a later date to vB!
              -Draco
              The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X