Couple of questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions.

Hey guys, I want to make a new theme for my VB, i dont want anyone to see it before its release, but if i tick the box "not user selectable" I cannot see it myself so i can work on it.
    So how can i make it so i can see it but no one else can?

second question, can i pick up the default VB images without logging into the members area and downloading the whole new forum? i dont have the VB log-in info on.

Thanks for your help in advance =)

For the first one, make a hidden forum and set it to override the default style and show your custom one.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

can i make the hidden forum so only i can see it, not other mods/admins ?
      thanks btw

Comment

Turn on access masks and change all other mods & admins to "no" for that forum... Obviously set your access mask to "Yes"!

Comment

sorry, where abouts can i do this? i couldnt find it under forum permissions ?

Comment

you need to ask these sorts of questions in the vBulletin 2 'How Do I' Questions forum. you will typically be denied support in the Chit Chat forum.

Comment

guess that makes sense, sorry =)
              if anyone can move this thread I'd be grateful

Comment

Originally posted by Robouk
                guess that makes sense, sorry =)
                if anyone can move this thread I'd be grateful
                Done

Comment

Robouk as in, Robouk Designs?

*turns sigs on*

So it is....
                  Just a quick, off-topic question, but: were you Dutch, by any chance?

Anyhoo, might I suggest that you download apache + php + mysql and install them on your own computer, successfully turning that into a private Webserver where you can run a vB on (and everything else that is php and mysql) and can customize etc. without anyone being able to see it, at all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X