How can I do this properly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I do this properly?

I am planning to move to a new host in a few days.

I would like to install vB on the new host and configure it with a new style template. When I am ready to go live on the new host, I would like to copy my db over from the old host.

If I import the whole db though, I will lose all my template setting though, etc...

How can I dump *just* the users, posts, threads, pm's, etc? Everything except for the look and feel of the forum?

Hope this makes sense?

Should I just back up everything except:

Template
    Templateset
    Replacement
    Replacementset

Comment

simple

1. backup and move forum to new host => http://vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

2. once moved over, create a new style/template set for forum... which you will use for the new style/templates you want.. once you have the templates for the new style done... just change the default style properties to point to the new style/template/replacement set
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Is it possible to do it at all how I mentioned above?

I'd really like to work with a fresh install and then just import everything in...

Can this be done?

Comment

The best and easiest way to do this is as eva2000 suggested. You can always delete the template sets you don't want after the transfer and upgrade.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X