Mass Prune Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Prune Users

I'm going to do a mass user prune soon. I've been sending out notices to let people know that if they don't log in, then they'll be removed.

I generated an email from the cp by showing all users that there last visit was before 10-01-2001.

I had user email me today and he said he had logged in. I checked his profile and he had a last vist of 01-01-1969 and a last activity of yesterday??

How could he have those two dates?

What criteria should I use to make sure I removed the right group of users?
    PowWows.com

'Last visit' is in reality the 'next-to-last visit'. I don't know why but that's the way it is.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So how can I do a prune of members that haven't logged in for x amount of time?
      PowWows.com

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
        'Last visit' is in reality the 'next-to-last visit'. I don't know why but that's the way it is.
        yeah..

you might be better off with last post as criteria ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Will the the last visit/last activity feature be changed in v3 so it becomes more logical?
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
            Will the the last visit/last activity feature be changed in v3 so it becomes more logical?
            not entirely sure...
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
              yeah..

you might be better off with last post as criteria ?
              But I have users that browse and don't post??
              PowWows.com

Comment

Originally posted by pgowder
                But I have users that browse and don't post??
                The 'last activity' field is updated whenever they log in - whether they post or not.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How can I prune using the last activity.
                  PowWows.com

Comment

Does the Mass Prune use last activity or last log in?
                    PowWows.com

Comment

Fusion: IMO last visit & last activity are perfectly logical.

pgowder: it uses Last Visit.

Comment

So will Last Visit work?? Or am I going to delete a user that has had activity?
                        PowWows.com

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                          Fusion: IMO last visit & last activity are perfectly logical.
                          Kevin, personally I'm inclined to agree, however, these last few posts may hint at that it's not that logical to most people, but maybe that's just because they're new at this.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

IMO 'last visit' means exactly that - the last time someone visited the forums. If you actually mean the next to last time someone visited, then 'previous visit' would be the correct terminolgy.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

So will Last Visit work?? Or am I going to delete a user that has had activity?
                              PowWows.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X