Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Data from the vBulletin database

Hi,

I've tried exporting the vBulletin database as I'm moving to another host, and I've run up to problems whereby fields are described as not null, but they contain null data.

I'm not too into MySQL and was flumoxed by this - not sure how to progress from this point on. I thought that it would be a simple case of just exporting, but this has stopped me dead in my tracks.

Can anybody please, please help?

Regards,

Ross

to export the whole vB mysql database just type in shell

mysqldump --opt -u mysqlusername -p vbmysqldatabasename > /path/to/vbforumdata.sql

and to reimport into new database on new host/server upload the *.sql file on new server and type

mysql -u mysqlusername -p newemptydatabasename < /path/to/where/vbforumdata.sql
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi Eva2000,

Help - I'm running on Windows2000!!

I checked out the sticky thread in Server Config, but it was specific to Unix - how do I do it in Windows2k running MySQL.

For my sins - I'm exporting so I can go onto a Linux system at long last!!

Cheers,

Ross

Comment

basically the same in ms-dos box

C:/pathto/bin/mysqldump instead

and C:/path/to/sqlfile.sql
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X