Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

I have be doing some edits to my templates, but none of them seam to work. It's almost like the templates aren't being recognized. Yes, I just upgraded to 2.2.5 and up until this point, my board hadn't been touched as far as templates go. I'm a little miffed. I know PHP decently and I'm not doing anything wrong. Besides, some of the edits I have done, if they weren't correct, my board would be all screwed up. Is there a possibility something in the PHP somehwere is not seeing the templates. I've edited a few things but the board looks like the basic vB board. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by ECStreetRacing; Sun 21 Apr '02, 7:03pm.

how many template sets have you got and are you sure you're viewing the ones you are editing?
    www.p2p-zone.com/underground

Comment

how are you editing those templates... DO NOT use the style dropdown box to change template sets to edit... it's not meant to work that way
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I'm going in under the Admin CP, scrolling down on the left navbar to the bottom where it allows you to edit the templates and I'm editing the default templates. I'm clicking and expanding the groiups I need and editing those templates. I'm trying to do simple stuff like center the titles for each forum area and when I view the code under the template editor, the code is altered. When I open the source under the actual board, the code hasn't changed. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Template still don't work. I'm editing the ones under the Admin CP. I'm doing simple things like centering the header text on the individual forums. The code is right but isn't showing up when I view the board. I view the source and the code I edited in the templates didn't carry over when put into PHP.

Comment

Are you sure you're looking at the correct Style and Template set?
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm looking at templates under the admin cp. scrolling clear to the bottom and clicking modify templates. going in under the default templates and modding such ones as forumhome and forumpage and and and everything with underscores. stuff i edit shows in blue like it should and stuff i haven't edited shows in green. if you'd like suppscribe to my forum and i'll give you admin access and you can check for yourself. could there be a possibility that my DBAdmin(MyPHPAdmin) is not recognizing this part of the database?

Thanks,
              Jason

Comment

URL is http://www.ecstreetracing.com

Comment

What I meant was are you sure the Style set you are using to view the board is using the same Template set that you modifed?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

how do i know this? i'm just modding the one and only default template set that came with the software. is there something i have to modify?

thanks

Comment

Is there more than one Template set?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

also, whenever i preview, the popoup with the preview doesn't work. it gives me a 404 error.

Comment

just one huge template set labled "default"

Comment

Fill out a support form at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php

Be sure to include the description of the problem, the URL to your forums an the info needed to access your Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

fixed it. for some reason, things are not linking correctly via the myphpadmin and everything. so i went directly into myphpadmin and edited via that. everything works fine.

thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X