Another Post Count Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Post Count Problem

I recently had a thread of 5 pages on our boards that I copied to an admin board and then deleted. This caused three of the members that had participated in that thread to complain that their post counts dropped dramatically. More may have been affected but are not speaking up. I did not update any of the counters after doing this.

To try to regain their post counts I copied the thread from the admin board to the board it was originally started on and used the Edit Thread function to turn the display of the thread in the threads list off since I do not want this thread to be accessible. This did not cause any adjustment in the post counts of these three. So I then did a Update Thread Info. Tadaa! - almost anyway. It corrected one member's post count but not that of the other two members. Strange thing is these two members have posts in several other boards that amount to way more than the number they posted to this particular thread. One of them had 97 posts but now is shown as having only 4. Yet close to 75 of his posts were to other threads.

I did not prune any boards before this happened. Nor had I updated any counters. Any idea what has happened?

Eat Your Veggies

When you copied the thread, the number of posts they created in that thread were doubled... When you deleted the one that was visible, you deleted their posts and therefore their post counts went down.

This is done by design. When you delete posts and threads the post counts decrease as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

here's a hack you might like: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=12420

Comment

So if a member had posted 20 posts to that thread and at that point had a total of 120 posts to his credit what you're saying is that when I copied the thread to the admin board the post count increased by 20 making his total go to 140. Okay. But when I deleted the thread why didn't it remove 20 from the count?

Or are you saying that when I copy the thread to another board it doesn't increase the counts but it does decrease them if I prune or delete?

I'll check out the hack Jake. Thanks!
        Eat Your Veggies

Comment

The second scenario...
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X