How do I mass prune newer threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I mass prune newer threads?

I am making an archive backup for my forums - one that is only viewable and cannot be posted on, and in that archive I was going to show threads that were created last year. The mass prune feature of vBulletin only allows you the option to prune "older" threads.

So, how do I prune "newer" threads? Like, I want to delete all posts made AFTER December 31, 2001, and only show threads that were created BEFORE that specific date .. so that the archive will only show topics created last year...

Is this possible? Thanks in advance
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

You'd have to construct a mySQL query for that. Unfortunately I don't know what that query would look like.

One alternate way to do the same thing would be to mass move all the older threads to another forum, then mass prune the threads that remain in the original forum (or just delete the forum.) What you have left are just the older threads.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Try this query:
      Code:
      UPDATE thread SET forumid=[color=red]XX[/color] WHERE dateline>UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2001-12-31');
      This will move all newer threads to forum XX (change that of course ), and then you can just delete that forum. Don't forget to Update Forum Counters when you are done.
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X