Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's online - guests doing moderating duties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tkeil69575
    replied
    yes ok, but its not a vbportal problem, its a problem with all external links .. but ok ill post in an other thread.

tnx

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I have no expereince with vBPortal and can't even begin to help you with it. You should post this problem on the vBPortal support forums.

Leave a comment:

• tkeil69575
    replied
    tnx smachol for the fast reply,
    hmm, im not really worried about the security part of it. im pretty confident that they dont really have access to it. but its annoying and causing the registered users to be anxious about where its safe to post. ive turned off the guests now, so that they are not shown on whos online - but unfortunatley i could fool the reg. users that way - there now asking why i turned it off, lol

but while we are at it, i have another question, maybe you might know ... im using vbportal and the whos online is showing this as an unknow location: /links.php?ov=blabla&s=blabla. I changed the online.php so the its referenced in there, but the system still thinks its unknown, the same is happing for showthread.php ..

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It could be a search engine going through all the 'threadid' numbers. Or it could be someone trying to do the same thing manually. However as long as guest don't have permissions to view these, all they'll get is the 'Not logged in or no permissions' screen.

Leave a comment:

• tkeil69575
    replied
    mmh, well I've had registered user complain that they have seen guest reading posts in forums which only registered users can see. the online list showed the title of the posting, which guests basically couldnt have seen.

any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Cold Steel
    replied
    Ok, thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Np. This just means they clicked on some option that only moderators can perform and got the 'no permissions' screen.

Leave a comment:

• Cold Steel
    started a topic Who's online - guests doing moderating duties?

Who's online - guests doing moderating duties?

Sometimes I'll see guests in online.php, and it will say that they are doing moderating duties, or using the private messaging system, or other things that guests shouldn't be allowed to do.

Do I need to be worried about anything?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X