The letter "G" censored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The letter "G" censored?

I run vBulletin 2.2.1 and a user of mine encountered a strange problem.

The letter "G" get's censored to "*" therefore you cannot post something like "H G Wells" without it being converted to "H * Wells".

Yet "G" is not in my censorship options any ideas as to why this might be happening?
    Discuss and debate theology at TheologyOnline.com

Check your replacement sets, might be a mistake in a replacement.
    vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Originally posted by tamarian
      Check your replacement sets, might be a mistake in a replacement.
      Great idea, but nothing in the replacement sets leads me to believe the error is there. But thank you for the response.

Any other ideas?

Comment

I just visited your forums, and didn't notice the problem (i.e. G is not replaced). Could it be some members typing * instead of G for personal reasons?

Comment

Post what you have entered in your banned words area in the admin CP.

Comment

Really?

I tried it myself and had the same results "*" instead of "G".

Check out this post...... [ click here ]

Comment

Check your censor list and make sure you haven't accidentally left a 'g' all by itself.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by theologyonline
                Really?

I tried it myself and had the same results "*" instead of "G".

Check out this post...... [ click here ]

The thread contains this:
                (e.*. Eee-dot-Gee).
                So, G is not sensored, it might be your censored pattern involved, as the user said, with .G or G.

Comment

The only way I can duplicate what's happening on your forum is to enter {g} in my censor list.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

tam the "G" has to be all by itself.

Comment

Wheh I put the g all by itself it censored every letter 'g'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

"G" or even "{G}" is not in my censorship options I have checked twice.

This is weird look what happened when I posted the alphebet with spaces inbetween letters....

a b c d e f * h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Comment

Empty your censored words, then take a look at the the thread.

Comment

That's a strange one all right! In all the posts I've read I've never heard of a problem like this before.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

OK, that was it!

I cleared my censored words and then posted a successful "g".

Then I pasted my censored words back in to the censored words option box and the error returned.

I then re-deleted and manually re-typed my censored words back into the censored words box and it seems to be working!

Wacky!!!!

Thanks everyone!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X