replied
    Originally posted by TetsuoX

Thank you so much! That totally fixed my problem :0
    no probs

Leave a comment:

• TetsuoX
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/config.php:

means in your config.php file you have extra white space/blank lines before the opening php tag <?php and after the closing php tag ?>

remove them from config.php and reupload
    Thank you so much! That totally fixed my problem :0

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    it could of came in from an earlier zip file you downloaded...?

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    ah
    all fixed
    you may HAIL eva now

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied
    I couldn't tell you why that is there. I didn't put it there, the install script did.

I actually did remove that line as well as the 3rd line of # 10 "config.php"

Any idea where that came from? I have not hacked anything, I simply downloaded the files, edited the config.php.new file and uploaded it (actually edited it locally on my machine then zipped the entire upload folder and the uploaded that with the modified config file) then unzipped the file on the server.

Thank for the help.

I can now get into the admin CP.

what's this # 1 "config.php" ?

it doesn't belong in the file

remove this

Code:
    # 1 "config.php"
    from the file

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    what's this # 1 "config.php" ?

it doesn't belong in the file

remove this

Code:
    # 1 "config.php"
    from the file

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied
    Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/config.php:

means in your config.php file you have extra white space/blank lines before the opening php tag <?php and after the closing php tag ?>

Hello again,

I removed the extra 2 lines from the end of the config.php file and uploaded it. At this point there is NOT a CR after the ?> and I still have the same error.

for example I do a "cat config.php" and at the end of the listing I get

?>[[email protected] admin]

So should there be a single CR after the ?>

Here is the complete file (minus my password of course)
    ----
    # 1 "config.php"
    <?php
    # 10 "config.php"
    $dbservertype="mysql";

$servername="xxxxx";

$dbusername="xxxxx";
    $dbpassword="xxxxx";

$dbname="vbulletin";

$technicalemail = "[email protected]";

$usepconnect = 0;

$canviewadminlog = "1";

$canpruneadminlog = "1";

?>
    ----

I will try with a single CR after the ending ?> to see if that makes a difference. Is there anything I need to do to clear any php caches so it will see the changes? So far any changes I have made to the config.php file have not made a difference on my display of the webpages.

Thanks

Dale
    Last edited by TheBear; Sun 14th Apr '02, 6:58am.

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied

thank you. I will try that now. I would suggest that there may be a problem with the install process then as I didn't change anything or add any lines to the end of the file when I added my email address and user/pass info.

I do not know if this is related or not, but all of the comments that were in the orignal config.php file were removed from the final file that is on my server. I did not remove them when I edited the file. Does this point to any other possible problem(s) in your opinion?

Thank you

dale

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by nuno
    [B]what version of PHP are you running?
    Code:
    config.php:2
    Not currently the latest - v4.0.6, but will be upgrading to 4.12 in the next couple of days.

and thank you for the replies and suggestions

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    what version of PHP are you running?
    Code:
    config.php:2

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied
    The problem has to be related to cookies. I updated my options to use cookies to track my session and now I am prompted to login on each page/action. However, changing the option to use the URL lets me page through the forums fine. I still can not login as admin.

So something weird is going on here in regards to using cookies.

Dale

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    replied
    Nope. I have read the many posts of people that have hacked thier setup and have run into problems so don't plan of doing anything like until I am very familiar with the software.

In fact I just downnloaded the 2.2.5 version and this is a brand new clean install. I only changed (per the instructions) the config.php.new file and uploaded it as config.php.

No other changes have been made.

You can see the same error message by going to the forums on the site -

http://www.thecolony.com/forums/

I can login as a user to the forums, but can't do anything else.

Dale
    Last edited by TheBear; Sun 14th Apr '02, 6:24am.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    have you 'hacked' your board?

Leave a comment:

• TheBear
    started a topic install problems

install problems

Well after having my requests for help/clarification on the installing of apache with php etc ignored. I have my servers setup and today tried to install vbulletin.

I received NO errors during the install process, but after deleting the install.php file as per the notice on the final install page prior to trying to log into the control panel. I now get the following while trying to login:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/config.php:2) in /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1545

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/config.php:2) in /home/drt/www.thecolony.com/forums/admin/functions.php on line 1545
    Forums admin

Below the above message I get the Please login forms. Yet if I enter my username and password (as entered just a few moments previously) I get the same screen.

So it has now been 3 months since purchasing the osftware and it still won't work.

And prior to installing vBulletin I had created a test file for php and it did work. However, now, after installing vBulletin that file only gives me a blank page.

Hopefully it won't take another 3 months to get this running.

---
    More info:

When I enter my username and password in the above mentioned form, I also get an error in the globals.php file on lines 156 and 182.

All of the above errors seem to be related to setting a cookie. I have tried this with iCab, IE, Opera and Netscape browsers with cookies enabled.
    Last edited by TheBear; Sun 14th Apr '02, 5:58am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X