"Custom User Titles" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Custom User Titles" question

This is my scenario ... I would like my board to follow the standard title situation (Junior Member, Member, Senior Member), but I would like to give custom titles to a handful of users. I don't want the users to be able to edit their title -- just admins.

Is this possible? I think the only way currently to do that is to create a new user group for each title, but that isn't practical.

Would be nice if I could have a "Registered" user group that follows the user title ladder, then a "Custom Registered" group where I could put in a custom title for that user and it would follow it.

Maybe I'm missing something though and this is already possible in a different way. Thanks for any help.

Clutch
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net

im not sure what your saying, but try this

why dont you just go to users > find > their username > and edit it by hand?
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Doh... my fault. See, I kept trying that and it wouldn't save it -- kept replacing the custom title with whatever the title by post ladder was. I figured this was being overridden by the "use custom titles" option being turned off in the main vBulletin options.

But I didn't even bother to see the "Use Custom Title?" yes/no option right underneath the title in the user's information. My fault... case closed. Thanks....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X