• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving To A New Server

I've backed up the MySQL database how do i upload it on the new server

Thanks in advance

take alook at http://vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks i appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by DaRickster
        Thanks i appreciate it
        no probs
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

is there an easier way than using telnet because lets face it im not the best with the thing heh.

I backed up my database through the VBs CP so can i skip a few stages. I need to get it into the new server

Comment

Turns out the host doesn't support telnet

Comment

Do they support SSH? Same thing, except more secure.

If not, then your best option is to ask them to restore it for you. Even better, find a host that allows SSH!
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Now i've found out they don't support telnet or SSH and won't restore it in the near future. Is there any other way of moving the MySQL database to this server?

Comment

Originally posted by DaRickster
                  Now i've found out they don't support telnet or SSH and won't restore it in the near future. Is there any other way of moving the MySQL database to this server?
                  Wow! That's a pretty unreasonable stance on their part. If they don't offer these services, the least they could do is to restore the backup for you. Heck, it only takes a minute or two!

I have seen some threads in which people have used phpMyAdmin to restore a database. However they have to do this manually one table at a time. If your tables and db aren't too large, this may work. It's hard to say.

This is the closest thing to 'instructions' I can find on this procedure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...yadmin+restore

Good luck! (And consider finding a more reasonable host. That one will give you nothing but problems!)
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks i'll give it a try even though i have database that is over 100MB big because of the 100,000+ posts and 2,500 members.

It is definently out of order how the host is acting. It is a reseller account im using. Luckily i didn't pay neither did the person who owns the reseller he got the reseller for free as he designed their site for them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X