X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indiamike
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    ahhhhhhh .. that hack is the problem then... which means the question has to be asked at vbulletin.org and not here
    Yup I'm on it.....hack your board, pay the price, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by indiamike
    Hi Eva2000,
    I will give this a try in a few days to see if it works.

I think I found the culprit though, after speaking with a few others about this. Mainly for me it was caused by a hack (VBIndex) which modified the database to show only the amount online today.

Hopefully this may shed some light into the problem that others were having.

Mike
    ahhhhhhh .. that hack is the problem then... which means the question has to be asked at vbulletin.org and not here

Leave a comment:

• Aaow AnD wHiTe
    replied
    Well, we wanted to make clear that our problem is not that the record is the same as the online users at that time. Our problem is that from time to time (let's say... 2 weeks), it resets itself, without any aparent reason!

Thanx everyone for your help

Leave a comment:

• indiamike
    replied
    Hi Eva2000,
    I will give this a try in a few days to see if it works.

I think I found the culprit though, after speaking with a few others about this. Mainly for me it was caused by a hack (VBIndex) which modified the database to show only the amount online today.

Hopefully this may shed some light into the problem that others were having.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    hmmm..

try this

1. backup your forums

- http://i4net.tv/marticle/get.php?act...e&articleid=10
    - http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678

2. then run this query again

SELECT title FROM template WHERE templatesetid=-2;

3. delete the maxloggedin one

4. run this command on your vB database to recreate it

INSERT INTO template (templatesetid, title) VALUES ('-2','maxloggedin');

see if that works

Leave a comment:

• kineda
    replied
    Was anyone able to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Aaow AnD wHiTe
    replied
    Thanx for your atention, George. This is the result of the query:

maxloggedin
    birthdays

Leave a comment:

• kineda
    replied
    I just ran this query and the results were two tables:

maxloggedin
    birthdays

Leave a comment:

• indiamike
    replied
    I went into mysql and reset it (just altered it a little to boost my ego) and am going to wait a few days and see what happens and see if it resets.

I just hacked and installed vblinks a few days ago so maybe that somehow messed up the structure of my database.

I will keep an eye out though, I don't think it's VO servers though because I checked some other sites that are on the same server as me and those are all fine.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Guys, try running this query in phpmyadmin and tell me what if any tables result

SELECT title FROM template WHERE templatesetid=-2;

Leave a comment:

• indiamike
    replied
    I have just run into this problem also. Seems my counter reset. I did install a new hack a few days ago, but the changes happened today.

My host does use VO servers so I am wondering if it's something going on there. I will check into it.

Please if you find a solution please post it up.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• kineda
    replied
    I uploaded a fresh copy of index.php and the problem is still there. Max users online equals to the number of users online at that time.

Leave a comment:

• Aaow AnD wHiTe
    replied
    Thanx smachol. However, our problem is not the same as afterlab's. He has as record the current users online. Our problem is that it just resets itself from time to time. This is what SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='maxloggedin'; returns:

57 1018895762

I don't think we have anything that affects the way maxloggedin is displayed and/or tracked.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Look through this thread and try the suggestions listed here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...d&pagenumber=2

Leave a comment:

• Aaow AnD wHiTe
    replied
    Not yet Hopefully some mod come here and knows the answer

It's really annoying We had a 142 users online record before we switched servers and now we have only 57

Leave a comment: