No announcement yet.

UBB 6.2.1 --> vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get my hands on this updater as well? I am running 6.2.1 of UBB and I have been waiting for ever to migrate my measly site over to Vb.

I will beta test your script if you want.
    Last edited by agustin; Wed 17 Apr '02, 11:40am.

Comment

I found a problem in the importer.

Users, Private Messages, Forums, Descriptions....everything goes right...

Everything except the html "decoding" in post and signatures.

This means that if I don't "enable HTML" in posts and signatures, they're full of HTML tags (like <br /> or <strong>).

Is that normal?

Comment

Sweet!!!! I applied the importer to my old UBB 6.2.1 and everything worked 99 percent...

The only minor issued I had was with emoticons used within the body of a message becoming lost and replaced with a missing image icon.

Easily fixed by placing these 11 images into the root directory in which my forum resides...

You VB guys are doing a wonderful job... Thank GOD I made the switch away from UBB.

I am a non MySQL user, is there a command to check how large my SQL database is? I have a 10MB limit... is that enough to run VB?

Comment

That's true!
          The board is great and the importer script is really impressive!

Unfortunately I'm still missing the content of 4 forums after importing my UBB 6.2.1 board... Please help! (I've sent you the links to my boards)

Comment

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/rsocbb/importers/bbimport_ubb6.php on line 1324

Still getting the above when importing Private messages

Giz
            http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk

Comment

I'm getting these error messages, too.
              (But that's not the main problem for me, the four missing forums are more important)

Comment

Is there any sign of the final release of the importer?

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad
                  Is there any sign of the final release of the importer?
                  It has been released over a week ago.

Comment

Nice!
                    Well, so I will spend another morning converting my message board. Hopefully I'll get all forums converted now without missing posts. I'll give you a note then.

Comment

It's size and filedate is still the same as it was April 13th.
                      Now where is the final version please?
                      Last edited by Andreas Raht; Mon 22 Apr '02, 7:27am.

Comment

That should be it. Did you try it?
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I tried it April 13th, but had a few problems: 4 forums where empty, all the other forums where OK.

Comment

Fill out a Support form at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support.php
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X