Do not want email sent for new posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not want email sent for new posts

I want to turn off the option that sends an email notification every time someone answers a post.
    I found it in the templates section, but I don't want to modify it, I want to turn it off. I didn't see it in the Options section. Thanks!

you want this turned off for a particular member or all members ?

for all members, you need to in phpmyadmin run these these queries

1. to turn off future email notifications

UPDATE user SET emailnotification='0';

2. to turn off past email notifications

DELETE FROM subscribethread;

3. edit registeradult, registercoppa and modifyoptions templates to set email notifications to 'NO' by changing the checkbox default
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

My apologies for barging in on someone else's thread, but I have a related question.
      We have UserX who has posted in several threads. UserX has been bad and so we change UserGroup of UserX to a usergroup that does not allow posting ("banning" UserX). However, UserX chose the "emails sent to you whenever someone replies" option in several of the the threads in which s/he has posted. I would like to prevent UserX from getting any futher emails. How would I do that?
      From reading this thread I get the impression I could update the database directly with the appropriate SQL statement, but is there a way to do that from the control panel? (I don't have access to the server, only to the administrator control panel.)

vBulletin 2.2.4

Comment

Originally posted by CHNoodles
        My apologies for barging in on someone else's thread, but I have a related question.
        We have UserX who has posted in several threads. UserX has been bad and so we change UserGroup of UserX to a usergroup that does not allow posting ("banning" UserX). However, UserX chose the "emails sent to you whenever someone replies" option in several of the the threads in which s/he has posted. I would like to prevent UserX from getting any futher emails. How would I do that?
        From reading this thread I get the impression I could update the database directly with the appropriate SQL statement, but is there a way to do that from the control panel? (I don't have access to the server, only to the administrator control panel.)

vBulletin 2.2.4
        easiest would be to run this query in phpmyadmin
        Code:
        DELETE FROM subscribethread WHERE userid='XXX' AND threadid='YYY'
        where XXX is userid of that member

where YYY is the threadid number
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment