Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help - AOL (and others) are blocking my forum email as SPAM (Apache config problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - AOL (and others) are blocking my forum email as SPAM (Apache config problems)

All emails from my forums are being rejected by AOL and many, many other ISP's. The reason: my apache runs as user "nobody", and these ISP's are sniffing my forum emails as SPAM because they come from this "nobody". I see this problem is pretty common with other users as well...

Is there a good solution to his problem, without changing apache's user/group? Can I use SMTP without installing what looks like a very buggy SMTP hack from vbulletin.org (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...highlight=smtp)? I'm running a redhat 7.2 box with apache 1.3.49 and php 4.1.2.

Thank you for your input!

Paul

Find the [mail function] section in your php.ini and correctly define sendmail_from.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

The sendmail_from line in my php.ini is flagged as "For Win32 only"... I'm running linux.

Comment

Ah, so it is. There's a line below there, tho, the sendmail line, where you can add any number of options. Type "man sendmail" on your unix shell. If you don't have access to the shell, you'll have to contact those who do.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Thank you! Good deal.

Oh, and I didn't mean to bash the SMTP hack linked above at vbulletin.org - I actually installed it and it seems to work well for SMTP.

Comment

Working...
          X