MySQL errors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL errors...

Only one of my users is having a problem when he posts a message or sends a PM. And, sure enough, my inbox is full of his error message notifications. Here's just a sample...

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.0:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE user SET lastactivity=1018021801,inforum='0' WHERE userid='833'
    mysql error: Incorrect key file for table: 'user'. Try to repair it

mysql error number: 1034
    What should I do?

As the error message suggests you, try to repair it.

You can try to repair it by uploading & executing repair.php under extra folder in Vb folder (On your HD).

Comment

Repair.php, eh? Thanks, I'll give it a try...

Comment

I believe both the 'user' and userfield' tables cannot be repaired using repair.php. If it doesn't work, try the suggestion in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=42663
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks smachol, but fortunately repair.php did the job perfectly. Thanks so much everyone for your help!

Comment

It's the session table, and I'm thinking one other one but I can't think which one it is, that cannot be fixed with repair.php.

Comment

I was going by what freddie posted in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=41124

He definitely said it was the 'user' and 'userfield' tables that couldn't be repaired with repair.php.

repair.php will not function if the user or userfield tables are corrupted.

The easist thing to try would be to go into phpMyAdmin and enter:

REPAIR TABLE userfield;
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah. The user and userfield tables can be repaired by the functions in repair.php (it's just doing the query REPAIR TABLE tablename; ) but repair.php calls global.php which in turn calls session.php and session.php tries to access the user and userfield tables.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know why one way or the other, but it worked for Lancia apparently.

Comment

well the best way is to use mysqlcheck for mysql 3.23.38 and above
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Working...
                  X