No announcement yet.

Where is the member information stored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the member information stored?

Hi,

I have two vB forums, one of them is for testing purposes only. (So I can apply hacks, and if it works properly I can transfer it over to the proper forum.) However, while I've been hacking the forum locally people have been registering on my live forum. Because of this, if I upload the hacked one over the top of the old one, I'll lose all of my new members.

The question is: which table in the database holds all of the members information? And if I update this table on the hacked database, should all of the members be transferred?

Edit:
    Sorry, another simple question
    In templates I keep on coming across things this this:

PHP Code:
    $something 
    Now, from my memory I remember these as variables - how do I edit their values?
    Last edited by JohnWarwick; Fri 5 Apr '02, 5:12am.

member info is stored in the user table.

the best way to do this is to test the hack on your test forums and if it works install the hack on your main forums. playing musical database tables can take some doing.

the $vars in your templates parse when that template is output to a forum page. their values are set in the php files. example, the $header variable that calls your header template is defined in global.php .

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      member info is stored in the user table.

the best way to do this is to test the hack on your test forums and if it works install the hack on your main forums. playing musical database tables can take some doing.

the $vars in your templates parse when that template is output to a forum page. their values are set in the php files. example, the $header variable that calls your header template is defined in global.php .
      The main reason for installing on another database was so I could use FireFly's vBHacker - it didn't work with the version of PHP on my web server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X