2.2.5 now says its 2.2.4 again after mysql restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.5 now says its 2.2.4 again after mysql restore

After installing a completely fresh and clean 2.2.5 and restoring the backup I made (from a basic 2.2.4 just before doing the clean 2.2.5) my main page says my current version is now 2.2.4. The admin control panel also says this. Is the version number simply held in a variable that I would have replaced by the backup? If so, is that a problem and/ or the only thing that I may have changed, or have I reverted any of the 'other' items that 2.2.5 made 'good'?

Do I need to, or indeed will I be able to, upgrade again to 2.2.5. I'd rather not of course but will I get problems when the next version comes along?

Thanks in advance.

Try running upgrade18.php, which in the process will increment the version number.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Re: 2.2.5 now says its 2.2.4 again after mysql restore

Originally posted by timecode
      After installing a completely fresh and clean 2.2.5 and restoring the backup I made (from a basic 2.2.4 just before doing the clean 2.2.5) my main page says my current version is now 2.2.4. The admin control panel also says this. Is the version number simply held in a variable that I would have replaced by the backup? If so, is that a problem and/ or the only thing that I may have changed, or have I reverted any of the 'other' items that 2.2.5 made 'good'?

Do I need to, or indeed will I be able to, upgrade again to 2.2.5. I'd rather not of course but will I get problems when the next version comes along?

Thanks in advance.
      you restored a 2.2.4 backup so 2.2.5 will not exist.. you'd have to perform the upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 again
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

OK, thanks. Did it again (the non-BETA had been released now anyway). All OK now.

Comment

Working...
        X