Moderators can close thread, but cannot open them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators can close thread, but cannot open them

Moderators can close a thread. They do this of course by selecting the Open/Close Thread from the admin options menu.

When selected, the board automatically closes the thread: goes to a screen that states that the thread has been sucessfully closed and that you are now being directed back to the thread. Great, that works fine.

However, when the Open/Close Thread is again selected by the Moderator, the same message is displayed. The already closed thread is re-closed. No matter how many times this action is performed or the page reset, the Moderator cannot open the thread.

The function works for Administrators fine.

I've checked my permissions and cannot find a field that would have allowed the Moderators to close but not open threads.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
    MySQL v3.23.42
    PHP v 4.0.6
    Windows NT Server

more info needed in the format http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=17262
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The only time this has happened to me is when I try to reopen a thread immediately after closing it. However if I wait a while I can reopen it without a problem. This was several versions ago though. 'Tis a mystery!
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, I've given most of the info required.

The bulletin board is a company board and is not globally launched -- it's live, but unless you know the numeric URL, it's pretty hidden. Therefore, I don't feel comfortable disclosing the URL of the board. If this prevents anyone from troubleshooting my problem, I suppose I'll just have to live with it until our board is fully released.

I've modified only the files that are accessible via the administrator's control panel. I haven't modified any of the .php files.

The rest of the info is in my signature.

Thanks.
        Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
        MySQL v3.23.42
        PHP v 4.0.6
        Windows NT Server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X