Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I view the user password in Control Panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I view the user password in Control Panel?

I have add this to Config.php, but I still cannot see the User password in control panel.... What can I do?

PHP Code:
    // allow password viewing / editing in control panel
    // 0 = not visible or editable
    // 1 = not visible, but can be edited
    // 2 = visible and can be edited
    $pwdincp=2

I believe the passwords are encrypted, so you can't view them.
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

In 2.2.0 and higher you cannot view the passwords in the control panel.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I was afraid that would be the answer.

This is one of the few VB features we do NOT like. We recently switched from UBB, and UBB not only lets the administrators see the password in the profile, but sent the administrator an email when someone registered that included the password. This was very helpful to us, as it gave away the identity of two of our banned users (they kept using the same password, but changed everything else) and also gave us a heads up on possible troublemakers would would register with perfectly acceptable user names, but obscene passwords. (UBB has a notice when you register, right under the password field, that the password can be read by administrators, so it doesn't trick anyone.)

If we're allowed to vote, I'd like to suggest this feature be put in/back in Version 3.

Alexandra
        www.balletalert.com

Comment

Since we care about the your site's security as well as of your user's accounts all passwords are encrypted with a one-way hash that cannot be decrypted. There is no way to view their passwords.

You can look up users by searching for particular passwords but you can't view their passwords directly. The chances that we will remove the encryption for vB3 are very low.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X