Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Size of database..does it always increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of database..does it always increase?

I notice when I backup the database, the size is always bigger. Most forums have 20 pages of posts but the number of threads and posts is continually getting higher. How is this possible if I stay at my 20 pages? Will the database always be getting bigger?
    Danny
    My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

more posts and threads = bigger database

if you want to keep your database size down you can mass prune old threads and posts using your Admin CP.

Comment

Re: Size of database..does it always increase?

Originally posted by DannyITR
      I notice when I backup the database, the size is always bigger. Most forums have 20 pages of posts but the number of threads and posts is continually getting higher. How is this possible if I stay at my 20 pages? Will the database always be getting bigger?
      It's probably always showing 20 pages because you've set your forums to show only X amount of days. If you check it "from the beginning", I'll bet you have a lot more than 20 pages. When you add in your attachments and the search index (which also grows as new posts with different words in them are added) it continually grows. That being said, you can prune old posts as Jake suggested and prune off old attachments as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X