Thread Starter info wrong and will not update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Starter info wrong and will not update

I'm a new (generally very happy) VB user -- just upgraded from UBB.

I've noticed an oddity that I can't correct.

First, when we've changed a user name (we had some problems importing), the old user name remains even after we update threads and forums.

Second, I noticed today that at least one of our threads has the wrong name as the thread starter. This happened (I was informed about 2 minutes after I posted this) after the thread was successfully split by Leigh Witchel, the original thread starter (and also the thread starter of the new split-off thread.)

Look at the topic list for one of our forums:

http://www.balletalert.com/forum/for...?s=&forumid=32

The thread "interpreting ballet" is said to be started by Estelle, but was really started by Leigih Witchel. (Thread started after we migrated, so this should not be an importation problem.)

Any ideas? Thanks.

Alexandra
    www.balletalert.com
    Last edited by at1; Tue 2 Apr '02, 7:25am.

This is easily fixed by updating the counters.

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters

Then I think the one to choose is 'Update Thread Info' although it may be 'Update Forums Info'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, it isn't I wrote that -- updating the counters has not changed the name.

We're also curious about why the problem happened after splitting off the thread (the new topic starter did not start the topic on either the original thread nor was she the first poster on the split one).
      Last edited by at1; Tue 2 Apr '02, 8:28am.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see that. I have no idea why updating counters didn't correct this problem. It's always worked for me.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It's generally worked for us, too (and I know it should work). The first few days, it worked selectively. There were 2 users who had a different Publicly Displayed Name than User Name in UBB, whose UBB User Name, which imported as the Log In name for VB, was so embarrassing to them that we finally deleted the threads they started because we couldn't change it. (So I don't have any examples to show you.) But other users names DID update.

The current problem -- with the thread started by someone who didn't start it -- is still active.
          Last edited by at1; Tue 2 Apr '02, 10:28am.

Comment

Still no solution for this problem?

Comment

AFAIK this should not happen in an unhacked vB. If you do not have any hacks then fill out a support ticket.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X