Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing out

Hello.

One of my members is complaining that when she walks away from her computer for more than 15 mins she gets loged out. This dosen't happen to me, and I asked another member if she was having a problem and the responce was no.

It happens using both IE and Netscape.

The only way to solve this problem is to bump the cookies up from the default 15 mins to a higher setting. I don't want to have to do this to solve the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Is sounds like she's not using cookies to browse the board. Tell her to change this in her User CP. If it still doesn't work she may have some software or browser setting that is blocking cookies.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi smachol

Yes it a weired thing. I was thinking to telling her to change her e mail settings so it checks for e mail every 10 mins instead of the default half our. I figured her internet was timimg out after 15 mins, and this would keep her on line. ( she isent loosing internet connection, she just has to re log in every 15 mins if she leave the board)

She is using the high speed phone line for internet so she is connected 24/7

I really don't want to bump the cookie setting up to sole this problem.

Comment

Now you're confusing me. I thought you were talking about her being logged off your forums. This really doesn't have anything to do with her email settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry about that.

No it dosent have anything to do with e mail settings I was just grasping at straws.

Yes the problem is that if she leaves her computer for more than the 15 mins she gets loged out.

Then she has to loge back in every time.

I checked her settings and she does have cookies enabled.

Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

Then my guess is that either her browser' settings are interfering with cookies or she's running some sort of software (firewall, etc.) that's not allowing cookies.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi smachol

No she isen't running any firewall, but your right this is a mistery.

If anyone has had a simular problem I would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X