X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.4 bugs?

Hi I just upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.2.4

I have a few questions regarding this newest version of 2.2.4

Everything works fine thanks for the great script and the new features are excellent. Only a few problems or bugs.

1) the time showing in my forums seems incorrect :-P

I set it up such that it should show the pacific standard time (GMT -8) the time now in here is 10:21 pm but in the forums it shows 12:21 am ( two hours ahead)

2) when I copied some text in a website and tried to paste it in the message (body), there seems to be a problem too. Sometimes the text won't show and sometimes it shows and then disappeared and then only a "dot" is left in the message.

3) I set it up such all members have to log on in order to view the forums but when I view my forums I noticed that in the currently active users column, there's 1 guest. I am wondering that's because someone's in the registration page at that time?

4) for users that use firewall of zonealarm pro 3, do those users have to enable persistent cookies besdies session cookies in order not to have to log on all the time. For example, when i edit my preferences in this vbulletin forums, I enabled cookies in the edit form but I still had to log on everytime I post a message or edit anything in the forums. By that time I only enable session cookies but not persistent cookies in zonealarm pro 3.

Thanks! I am happy with vBulletin especially the "search" feature, it's a lot faster than other forum programs.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kooooool Girl

StreetRacingGallery.com
    Click here to add your auto club/team in our new Automotive Directory
    Our website is proudly hosted by Siteomatic.net

1) Is your server set to Pacific time? Since it is too hours ahead, it sounds like it is set to Central time... Which would make sense because a lot of server companies are located in the midwest.

2) What is the text? Do you get the same problems here?

3) It could be someone at the No Permissions screen as well.

4) Yes.. For greatest ease of use both of these should be set to yes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Wayne.

1) My server is located in Florida.

2) It's just some text from my website, It works fine in this forums after a delay (maybe it's the way php is). What I meant is, after I pasted the text in this box, it does not show anything at first and then suddenly it shows all the pasted text.

3) I see. Thanks.

4) May I ask if this is still a known issue in IE 6? I only tested this on Netscape 6.2.1. only.

Originally posted by wluke
      1) Is your server set to Pacific time? Since it is too hours ahead, it sounds like it is set to Central time... Which would make sense because a lot of server companies are located in the midwest.

2) What is the text? Do you get the same problems here?

3) It could be someone at the No Permissions screen as well.

4) Yes.. For greatest ease of use both of these should be set to yes.
      Kooooool Girl

StreetRacingGallery.com

Comment

option to hide email address for users

Sorry I forgot to mention about the hide email address option. I just found out that the user set it up in the preferences to hide his/her email address (shown below)

Hide Email Address?
        Clicking yes hides your email address in your public profile, so that it is not accessible by other users.

If the user chooses yes, not only that the email address would be hidden. The other users won't be able to send emails to this user as well. This is confusing because when users see tha above option, they would probably think that others can still send emails to them but just that his/her email address won't be shown (unless he/she reply to that email message).
        Kooooool Girl

StreetRacingGallery.com

Comment

Re: option to hide email address for users

Originally posted by *Kool Girl*
          Sorry I forgot to mention about the hide email address option. I just found out that the user set it up in the preferences to hide his/her email address (shown below)

Hide Email Address?
          Clicking yes hides your email address in your public profile, so that it is not accessible by other users.

If the user chooses yes, not only that the email address would be hidden. The other users won't be able to send emails to this user as well. This is confusing because when users see tha above option, they would probably think that others can still send emails to them but just that his/her email address won't be shown (unless he/she reply to that email message).
          You can change your templates to make it more clear. We will review whether or not we want to make the change in the templates distributed with vBulletin.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

You really need to.

If I make a minor edit to template, say a spelling fix, and then you guys update to a new version, and have to correct a bigger error in the template, I won't ever know that it should have been done.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X