Setting "email from admin" to "yes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting "email from admin" to "yes"

Is there an option or a mysql query that will set everyone's useroption for "receive email from admin" to "yes"?

Is there an option that will simply eliminate that choice for future joiners?

I'm the only admin, and the only email I send is the community bulletin which has its own yes/no option. But lots of ppl choose 'no' thinking it will save them from spam (which I don't do).

Heya there (seems to be a lot of questions to answer here, heh)

You need to go into the template sets. You must edit the Default Templates. (the other templates don't hold the registration forms)

Follow this path from the Control Panel to get there=>

Templates > Modify > Default> Expand List > Registration Templates > Expand.

Now, you may have your board set for both minors and adults, so you'll want to edit both

registeradult
    and
    registercoppa

look for this section in these two templates:
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?</b></normalfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    <input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="no"> no
    </normalfont></td>
    delete everything in the <td> </td> and replace it with :
    <input type="hidden" name="allowmail" value="yes">
    save the template. check your registration. The answer is always selected as "yes", and the person registering knows nothing about a choice.

Comment

Here's the query:

UPDATE user SET adminemail=1

As always, back up your databse before making any direct changes like this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, both of you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X