Upgrade Problems! ACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Problems! ACK!

I have had major upgrading problems with vB. I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.4. I uploaded all of the files (except install.php, vbulletin.style, and the images) and then ran upgrades 15, 16, and 17. They all ran perfectly. Then, I went to access the forum (here) and it's just blank white.... What happened? Was there something else I was supposed to do?

I also could have sworn I remembered seeing somewhere that someone put up a script themselves that does the upgrade. Is that needed?
    Last edited by CeleronXL; Sat 23 Mar '02, 3:52pm.

Follow the directions in John's announcement. Also, this ought to go in the Installation forum.

You are supposed to upgrade index.php as well as vbulletin.style, just make sure to delete install.php and the upgradex.php files after the upgrade.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

I did follow the directions in John's post, but it won't work. By the way, I meant install.php, not index when I said I didn't upload it.... And why would you upload the vbulletin.style? Don't you lose the style if you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXL
        And why would you upload the vbulletin.style? Don't you lose the style if you do that?
        No - when you run the upgrade script, it imports your old style.
        Marc James
        Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

I see.... So is that my problem then? Do you think if I ran the scripts again it would work?

Comment

Wow! It worked! Thank you man! *hugs mjames*

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X