Moderators moderate all forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators moderate all forums

How do I make moderators moderate all forums?

Also how do I make it so only Administrators can view IPs.

1) for each forum set them as a mod or make them a super mod.

2) as for Ip's. There is an option somewhere in the Admin CP which says only admins can view Ip's. If not there then in the mod user group there might be an option which says "can view Ip's" select no.

Comment

I can't find the disable IP option anywhere. It seems it's been changed since the last version of vB I used.

I don't want to make them super moderators, because that enables them to do other administerial stuff like banning people etc.. doesn' it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper
        I don't want to make them super moderators, because that enables them to do other administerial stuff like banning people etc.. doesn' it?
        I believe you can change that too in the usergroup permissions.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

yep you can make it so they can't view the ADMIN CP you can also take it down to Mod level but still be able to mod all the forums.

Comment

Nope there isn't such an option.

I might just add all the mods to all the forums as that is essentially what i want.

Comment

In your control panel, under the heading "User Groups",

simply click the modify link.
              Then, click the "edit" link for Moderators.

Under the heading "Who's Online Permissions" there is a button for IP viewing.

From the Modify link under Usergroups, you can change the capability of all User Groups.

Comment

no, but when you click "is super moderator" to 'yes' it overrides that option.

Comment

and btw, the Ip viewing option under who's online is not the same as IP logging at the bottom of posts.

Comment

D'oh

my bad

in the Forums>Modify>Moderator>Edit

section, under Moderator permissions is a simple button:

Can view IPs
                    yes, or no?

I'm not sure exactly what it disallows. I've never been a moderator, just an administrator.

Moderators have control only within the forums they are registered. If you make someone a Moderator for the main page, they'll be a moderator for everything.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X